Yields Approximately: 2 1/2 Cups
- 1 1/3 C AP flour (AP= All Purpose Flour)
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- (OPTIONAL) 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper (+/-) to Taste (OPTIONAL)
- 1 C Beer (Beer must be Ice Cold)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 T Vegetable Oil
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder in medium size bowl.
- Beat beer, egg and oil together in a separate bowl.
- Stir into flour mixture, mix well.
- Batter should be smooth and moderately thick.
- Place medium bowl of batter in large bowl of ice to keep batter as cold as possible.
- Dip fish, shrimp, or onion slices in batter.
- Deep-fry in @ 350 degrees, until golden.
- This recipe also works well with chicken tenders and vegetable pieces; whatever you like.
Batter must be ice cold at all times. If batter is not ice cold, batter will not puff/rise correctly.
Cover Batter and refrigerate until ready for use.