- 1 ¼ C ketchup
- 1 C dark brown sugar
- ¼ C molasses
- ¼ C pineapple (Optional: substitute apple cider vinegar for a little tang in your sauce)
- ¼ C water (Optional: keep pineapple juice and skip water and substitute with apple cider)
- 1 T worchester sauce
- 2 ½ tsp ground mustard
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (Optional: use 1/8 tsp if you don’t like the heat or skip this all together)
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 T Hot red pepper flakes (± to taste)
- 3 Habanero peppers (seeded) (± to taste)
- Combine all the ingredients in sauce pot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes until all sugar has dissolved.
For Smokey Sauce: add liquid smoke (one drop at a time) to taste.