PREP TIME: 20 minutes – Bake Time: 20 to 30 minutes – TOTAL TIME: 40 to 50 minutes
Yeilds: 5 servings
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 16oz can refried beans
- 2 Cups chunky salsa
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 2 ½ Cups broken tortilla chips (reserve ½ cup)
- ¾ Cup green bell pepper chopped
- ¼ Cup green onions sliced
- 1 ½ Cup tomatoes chopped (reserve ½ cup)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Mexican 4 cheese blend
- ¼ Cup sliced olives
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Sour Cream
- Flour or Corn Tortillas
- Heat oven to 350°
- In fry pan cook beef 5 to 7 minutes until cooked. Drain beef stir in refried beans, salsa and taco seasoning mix and reduce heat to medium.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Grease 2 quart casserole and place 2 cups of the broken tortilla chips.
- Top evenly with beef, bean and taco seasoning mix.
- Sprinkle with green peppers, onions, and 1 cup chopped tomato, cheese and olives.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Top casserole with lettuce, 1/2 cup chopped tomato and 1/2 cup tortilla chips.
Serve with side of Sour Cream, Guacamole and if you like, Flour Tortillas or Corn Tortillas.